Sunday, May 17, 2009

World Spin On!

So this was my new years resolution, but as you can see time has kind of gotten away from me, and the year is not so new anymore.  Days seem to come and go, leaving me to wonder at them, all the while I'm filling them with work or some other use of time.  But I'm tired of wasting days away. Of putting things off until tomorrow, when they could be done today.  If there was a crown for this I think it would be on my head.  These words find you after a long battle with apathy and an oppression on my heart that has been hard to find freedom from.  It seems the things that I love to do  are often accompanied by the hovering of a cloud, as if to keep me from doing them.  To make me run instead of embrace these things that make me come alive.  But as they say, nothing good ever comes easily.

So tonight I'm doing what can be done today, and this is it. Words meet page.   My outlet to the world.  After much pondering and many spins of the world, I've finally resolved myself to start taking time each day to do something I really like to do.  Writing is an outlet for me that I don't often use.  It helps me to process the world and my place in it.    I'm not too sure what I'm going to write about, but if I'm correct, each day is a story of its own.  And no matter what unfolds or where this leads, I'll try my best to capture my thoughts, weaknesses, understandings, and misunderstandings, all with the intent of somehow pulling us all closer to the answers to the questions that live in our minds. 

 And as the world spins on, day after day, as words and story find their way here, it is my prayer that Truth would be revealed.  That it would find its way into our being and fill the cracks of these broken vessels.  And thus this journey begins.  Not knowing where to step, but trusting that light will break in and reveal the path.  And your invited, because I can't do this on my own!

  Give light to my eyes!

2 comments:

  1. i am super excited about this, matty. i always enjoy the observations and thoughts you pen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thew,
    If you write, can I sing???

    Love,
    Your best buddy

    ReplyDelete