Tuesday, March 2, 2010

How far we've come

Sometimes, when I take time to reflect on my life thus far, I'm blown away. Blown away by how faithful God has been to me. Through all the pains and sorrows, the fears and unknowns, I've always made it through. This hit me last night as I reminisced with my brother. As we talked of old times and laughed together, I couldn't help but feel this swell of gratefulness rise up in my heart. I thought of all the times when fear was alive and well in my heart. Of times when anxiety would rule over me. When it would beat my spirit into submission, and drag me to depths of places where no human should have to tread. Of all the tears that have fallen from my eyes, for I've cried so many. And though they sometimes still fall, I'm learning to feel safe. As we talked, I think I began to realize that I have been safe all along. Safe in arms that have never stopped holding me.

I guess the only thing that had stopped was me believing that arms were still holding me, even when my emotions told me otherwise.

I'm so grateful for how far we've come. Or maybe it's how far He has brought me. I don't know, but either way, the question now is, where do we go from here?

No comments:

Post a Comment