Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Easy Love

oh Love. If only you were easy.

Sometimes it is. I mean it's easy to love those that love you. It's easy to give it back when someone else is making the first step. It's hard to take the first step and point love in a direction you haven't pointed it before. It's easy to give love when it doesn't cost you something. That's easy. What's hard, is loving when I don't feel like it. Loving when love isn't returned. Giving of yourself when you don't receive anything in return. I've been thinking about how I haven't spent myself on behalf of anyone in a long time. I have made no effort to pour myself into something other then my selfishness. Reveling in my easy life, with my "problems"(Ha!) consuming my mind.

I profess to be a christian, but sound much like a resounding gong, because of my lack of love.

When asked if he was a Christian, Ghandi would reply, "Ask the poor who the Christians are."
If you asked any of the poor around here who the Christians are, my name would definitely not be mentioned.

I've been struggling with my selfishness lately. My eyes are being opened to the reality that I have largely been focused on myself and have failed to pursue anything other then that. Easy love has resided in my heart, but is that even love?

"If it doesn't break your heart, is it love?
No, if it doesn't break your heart its not enough"{switchfoot}

1 comment:

  1. matty, this is really beautiful... you have an amazing heart.

    ReplyDelete