Thursday, January 14, 2010

the lone cart

I have a habit of always choosing the lone cart. At a supermarket or grocery store, there always seems to be a cart that is separated from the rest and is near the entrance, handily ready for me to use. Instead of prying one away from the train of other carts, which can often be quite a job in itself, I grab the poor lonely one thats not spooning with the others, and head out in search for whatever it is I'm there to buy. Not long into the journey, I realize the mistake in choosing this cart, as there is something usually always wrong with the lone cart! That's why it was off to the side all by itself! Why I don't learn this is beyond me. I don't know how many of these carts have ruined my shopping experience. Pulling hard to the left or right, some sort of weird clunking noise, the wheel acting like there is a stone under it, or just one of the wheels not working at all. Put all that together with a crowded wal-mart isle and it's enough to ruin your day. Or just frustrate you, if your one of those good perspective kind of people. Thankfully today as I entered walmart, there was a nice gentleman there to make my decision for me, and I didn't feel the tug toward the lone cart.

Advice for the day. Steer clear of those lone carts. It's not worth it.

1 comment:

  1. yay you wrote! Was it the walmart on fruitville pike...because they have the best cart hander outers ever! I love the guy who ALWAYS tells you to "have a great day" =) i especially dislike the lone carts that are left in the parking lot....arrggg

    ReplyDelete